NUST Library has in place a system of Faculty Librarians to work with academic staff in support of their teaching and research endeavors. Faculty Librarians serve as information specialists for each Faculty. They also work with students in support of their learning. Faculty Librarians provide the following services:
- Guidance on the information resources relevant to the subjects taught in the Faculty
- Library instruction on request for courses offered by the departments
- Information guides for courses offered by the departments
Selection of books for each department in the Faculty they are responsible for
- Investigation of availability of and access to electronic information resources
- Current awareness
- Communication with the departments regarding Library resources, services, policies, new books etc.
- Reporting academic departments’ concerns about any aspect of the Library to the appropriate area of the Library.
- Creation and updating of collection development policies and periodical subscriptions in consultation with academic departments and the Library Acquisitions section.
|Faculty||Faculty Librarian||email Address|
|Communication & Information Science||Mr A. Machimbidzaemail@example.com|
|Industrial Technology||Mr M. Teverafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Commerce||Mr P. Ndhlovuemail@example.com|
|Medicine||Mr I. Dabengwafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Applied Sciences||Ms F. Masocha
Miss C. Sibanda
|Built Environment||Ms S. Zondoemail@example.com|