Library membership for students is automatic upon registration with the University. Membership for University staff is automatic.
To gain entry into the Library
- Students and Staff must possess a valid NUST Identity Card (ID)
- Staff members and researchers from other institutions must be in possession of a letter of introduction or recommendation from their institution.
Should a patron lose their ID, a report must be immediately made with library authorities to prevent unauthorised usage. Patrons are liable for any material checked out using their ID.
- Users must show a valid University or Approved Readers’ Identity Card to the Security Guard upon entering Library premises.
- For security reasons, bags, cases, rain coats, umbrellas, “bomber” jackets, etc, may not be taken into the Library. These should be left at the Baggage Bay area
- Smoking, eating and drinking are strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Cellphone use in the library is prohibited.
- Readers are at all times expected to observe silence in the Library.
- All losses of and damage to library materials must be reported to the Library promptly.
- Allitems taken in or out of the Library are subject to a security check.
- Library material shall not be issued to persons who hold overdue books and/or have outstanding fines.
- Patrons should ensure that they obtain a system-generated receipt for all payments made at the Library.
- Results of students with overdue material and unpaid fines will be withheld until payment is received in full.
- Students are expected to clear themselves with the Library at the end of every Semester. Failure to do so will result in their results being withheld.
- The Library will confiscate any material not belonging to NUST Library if there is no proof it was borrowed legally from the lending institution.
NOTE: The Library can suspend a member’s rights to use the Library facilities for infringing the above Rules and Regulations.
The Library is equipped with many computers for use by Patrons.
- use the login information provided onsite in order to use the Library computers
- use Library computers for research purposes only
- first make a booking before using Library computers
- ask for assistance from staff at the Help Desk if they have problems using the Library computers
- only use laptops from within the Board Room by arrangement with Library IT Department staff
- report any suspected “foul play” to Library staff
Patrons shall not…
- change any settings on the Library computers
- visit Internet sites that contain undesirable or unlawful material, e.g., pornography
- move any of the Library’s computer equipment
- install programs on the Library’s computers
- play music CDs and/or videos on the Library’s computer